Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Living Intentionally

Days can go by in which I just live. Checking off the tasks on my list of to dos -- with no real direction, except that list. Go to the store, prepare for class, coffee with Cindy, call vet. Those days seem more about the end result--the destination--not the journey.

Other days I am more intentional about living the day and noticing the day, and the beauty, and the meaning, and in seeking God's presence. I love those days. I love the intention. I give full attention to the day. I see with eyes wide open those days. I feel deeply. I laugh, smile, cry. Those days are about the journey--not the destination.

So, today, my to do list includes more.

Spend time with God
See the people around you
Listen carefully
Be intentional about everything

Today will be about the journey.

http://thetodolistforliving.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment